JOINT PROGRAMS FOR OBTAINING DOUBLE DIPLOMAS BETWEEN IUS and IU
3 DOUBLE DEGREE OPTIONS:
- POLITICAL SCIENCE AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- TWO UNIVERSITIES, TWO DIPLOMAS
- NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE
- STUDYING IN SARAJEVO AND ISTANBUL
Dear prospective students,
The International University of Sarajevo is proud to present a new opportunity for a better future where it offers dynamic and motivated candidates enrollment in new study programs for obtaining a double diploma, which is realized in cooperation with the prestigious Istanbul University (IÜ), Republic of Turkey.
Joint programs are implemented under the names: Management - Business, Economics, and Political Science and International Relations. Joint study programs combine the best aspects of these two partner universities and provide the advantage of a study stay in Sarajevo and Istanbul. Upon successful completion of a four-year course of study, graduates are awarded two separate diplomas, one issued by IUS and the other issued by Istanbul University.
Istanbul University is the first university founded in the Republic of Turkey in 1933, and the establishment is connected to the madrasa established by Sultan Mehmed Fatih after the conquest of Istanbul in 1453. Over the past centuries, Istanbul University has changed many names, but it has always been and remains a true home for professors, innovators, researchers, and students.
It is your chance to be a part of the old and new tradition. We invite all ambitious students to take advantage of this opportunity that IUS now offers you and to enroll in one of the three offered study programs through our established international cooperation.
The first and second academic years of the joint double diploma program are realized at IUS and the third and fourth at IÜ. Preparatory English language classes are held at IUS.
FOR CANDIDATES FROM BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA:
- Quota: 20 students for each study program
- That secondary education has been completed with a grade point average of at least 3.0 out of a total of 5.0 (or equivalent)
- Students enrolled in a joint double diploma program may not attend classes before passing the English language exam to be taken at IUS.
FOR CANDIDATES FROM THE REPUBLIC OF TURKEY:
- Quota: 20 students for each study program
- Admission of Turkish candidates will be done by the Center for Selection and Admission of Students "OSYM" in accordance with Turkish regulations implemented by IU and established enrollment standards set by IU and OSYM for IÜ, all for the purpose of implementing enrollment procedures required by Turkish regulations, in accordance with the OSYM schedule.
FOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES:
All international applications are conducted through the IUS portal, available at https://apply.ius.edu.ba .
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICATION OF FOREIGN CANDIDATES
- Create an account for your application.
- Fill out the application form. You are required to attach the following documents:
- Certificate of impunity from your home country (this document must be obtained with the date of issue not older than 3 months, and certified by the original seal and signature of the competent institution. You need to obtain this document immediately before leaving for BiH, even if you have it when applying.) You will need two copies - one to apply for study and one to apply for a residence permit. Bosnian translation will be done here)
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation
- Birth certificate - translated into English if it is in another language (here it will be translated into Bosnian)
- High school diploma and transcript of grades;
- Certificate of English language proficiency min. level B2 and a total score above 6.00 (Applicants have the choice to submit a TOEFL / IELTS certificate or to take the IUS English language test)
- Copy of passport (valid for at least two years)
- Four photos, dimensions 6x4
- If the application is accepted, the candidate will be informed of the next steps.
KNOWLEDGE OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE
The language of instruction in the double diploma program will be English. All students who register for enrollment in the double diploma program are required to score the required number of points on the English language proficiency test offered at IUS.
Prospective students are exempted from taking the final English Language Proficiency Test (Proficiency Exam) if:
- Have passed the TOEFL IBT with at least 79 points;
- Obtain a high school diploma / BA diploma / MA diploma /title in a country where English is the official language in use;
- Obtain a high school diploma from one of the internationally recognized programs in which English is the official language, as follows:
AICE diploma: Cambridge Advanced International Certificate of Education
IB diploma : International Baccalaureate