Double diploma program between IUS and IU
Dear prospective students,
The International University of Sarajevo is proud to present a new opportunity for a better future where it offers dynamic and motivated candidates enrollment in new study programs for obtaining a double diploma, which is realized in cooperation with the prestigious Istanbul University (IÜ), Republic of Turkey.
Joint programs are implemented under the names: Management - Business, Economics, Political Science and International Relations, Computer Engineering, English Language and Literature and Law. Joint study programs combine the best aspects of these two partner universities and provide the advantage of a study stay in Sarajevo and Istanbul. Upon successful completion of a four-year course of study, graduates are awarded two separate diplomas, one issued by IUS and the other issued by Istanbul University.
Istanbul University is the first university founded in the Republic of Turkey in 1933, and the establishment is connected to the madrasa established by Sultan Mehmed Fatih after the conquest of Istanbul in 1453. Over the past centuries, Istanbul University has changed many names, but it has always been and remains a true home for professors, innovators, researchers, and students.
It is your chance to be a part of the old and new tradition. We invite all ambitious students to take advantage of this opportunity that IUS now offers you and to enroll in one of the six offered study programs through our established international cooperation.
The first and second academic years of the joint double diploma program are realized at IUS and the third and fourth at IÜ. Preparatory English language classes are held at IUS.
- Quota: 20 students for each study program
- Secondary education has been completed with a grade point average of at least 3.0 out of a total of 5.0 (or equivalent)
- Students enrolled in a joint double diploma program may not attend classes before passing the Proficiency Exam to be taken at IUS.
- Quota: 20 students for each study program
- Admission of Turkish candidates will be done by the Center for Selection and Admission of Students "OSYM" in accordance with Turkish regulations implemented by IU and established enrollment standards set by IU and OSYM for IÜ, all for the purpose of implementing enrollment procedures required by Turkish regulations, in accordance with the OSYM schedule.
All international applications are conducted through the IUS portal https://apply.ius.edu.ba
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICATION OF INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
- Create an account for your application.
- Fill out the application form. You are required to attach the following documents:
- Certificate of impunity from your home country (this document must be obtained with the date of issue not older than 3 months, and certified by the original seal and signature of the competent institution. You need to obtain this document immediately before leaving for BiH, even if you have it when applying.) You will need two copies - one to apply for studying and one to apply for a residence permit. Bosnian translation will be done here)
- Motivation letter
- Two recommendation letters
- Birth certificate - translated into English if it is in another language (here it will be translated into Bosnian)
- High school diploma and transcript of grades;
- Certificate of English language proficiency min. level B2 and a total score above 6.00 (Applicants have the choice to submit a TOEFL / IELTS certificate or to take the IUS English Proficiency Exam)
- Copy of passport (valid for at least two years)
- Four photos, dimensions 6x4
- If the application is accepted, the candidate will be informed of the next steps.
The language of instruction in the double diploma program will be English. All students who register for enrollment in the double diploma program are required to score the required number of points on the English Proficiency test offered at IUS.
Prospective students are exempted from taking the final English Proficiency Test (Proficiency Exam) if:
- Have passed the TOEFL IBT with at least 79 points;
- Have obtained a high school diploma / BA diploma / MA diploma /title in a country where English is the official language in use;
- Have obtained a high school diploma from one of the internationally recognized programs in which English is the official language, as follows:
AICE diploma: Cambridge Advanced International Certificate of Education
IB diploma : International Baccalaureate
|Bachelor’s Degree Programs
|Turkish Students (TR Citizens)
|Home Students (BiH Citizens)
|Management - Business
|Political Science and International Relations
|English Language and Literature
* For the first two years of study in Sarajevo, you can attend the IUS Scholarship Testing
* Tuition is changed annually according to the consumer price index and all scholarships provided by IUS for the first two academic years will not apply to years in IÜ.
*The amount of the annual tuition fee for the double diploma program will be paid in accordance with the established practice and procedures of each institution.
* In accordance with its capabilities, each institution will offer accommodation to students within its own campus, and a meal plan for students at an additional cost, at the usual prices.
*If candidates apply for a YTB scholarship to fund their stay in Turkey, they will be required to have a minimum of A2 level Turkish language proficiency certificate prior to their arrival in Turkey. Certificates will be issued by Yunus Emre Institute upon students' own initiative. By the time of graduation, these students will obtain a minimum C1 Turkish language proficiency certificate.
Students enrolled in DDP will receive up to 40% discount on the IUS tuition fee.