Double diploma – IUS / ITU
Double diploma programs are available only for prospective students. Current IUS students can not apply.
Dear prospective students,
The International University of Sarajevo, as a socially responsible institution, year after year strives to improve the conditions of education at the IUS. Apart from having excellent connections with the labor market through various agreements, IUS is expanding its cooperation with other universities throughout Europe. One such agreement was confirmed at the end of April. Therefore, it is our great honor and pleasure to inform you that the IUS started enrolling students in a double diploma program with the Istanbul Technical University (ITU).
Cooperation on the double diploma project with the Istanbul Technical University has been in place since May 2018, and in the meantime, the Protocol on Double Diploma has been signed and all details of the agreement have been agreed upon. According to the agreement, the duration of studies for the joint programs will be four (4) academic years, and the education will be in English. The teaching process of the joint study programs will take place at the IUS for the duration of first and second academic year, while the third and fourth academic years will be spent at the ITU. In case a student needs an additional English language instruction, the student will attend the Preparatory English Language School at the IUS.
Four study programs that will be offered through this agreement will be architecture, mechanical engineering, economics, and electronics and communications engineering. After successfully completing their studies, graduates will receive two diplomas, one issued by the IUS and another issued by the Istanbul Technical University.
The Istanbul Technical University (https://global.itu.edu.tr) is a state university founded in 1773, named "Mühendishane-i Bahr-i Hümayun" (Imperial School of Naval Engineering). The Istanbul Technical University is a distinguished and pioneering university of engineering, technical science and architecture with many innovative studies in the fields of science, technology, research and development. Being the university made mostly of faculties of technical sciences and research laboratories, the ITU works closely with companies and other industry and society partners. For that purpose, ITU has established many technology parks, incubation centers, entrepreneurship and innovation centers, and a technology transfer office. That way, ITU offers a favorable environment for students to build successful careers as professionals, to develop themselves, find opportunities for internships, and conduct research projects.
Since the number of places is limited, we invite you to take advantage of the opportunities offered to you by IUS and enroll a double diploma program.
- Quota: 15 students for each program
- The high school graduation score should be at least 3.5/5.0 on the high school transcript.
- The medium of instruction in the joint program is English. All students registered in the joint program are required to achieve an adequate score in one of the English proficiency tests offered by ITU or IUS.
In the following cases, prospective students will be exempted from the ELS Proficiency Exam if they have:
- passed TOEFL iBT with 79 points and above
- obtained a high school/BA/MA diploma/degree in a native English speaking country
- high-school diploma from one of the internationally recognized English medium programs below:
AICE diploma: Cambridge Advanced International Certificate of Education
IB diploma : International Baccalaureate
- The Freshman/1st and Sophomore/2nd academic years of the joint program will be carried out at IUS while the Junior/3rd and Senior/4th academic years will be carried out at ITU. ELS classes will be given at IUS.
- The students who fulfill the academic requirements of both institutions shall be granted two independent double diplomas, one of which shall be issued by ITU, and the other shall be issued by IUS.
- Tuition Fees
- The annual tuition fee of the joint program will be paid in accordance with each institution’s procedures.
- To the extent available, each institution will offer on-campus housing (upon availability) and meal plans to students at additional cost and based upon their regular rates. Each institution will also provide assistance to the students upon request with locating available off-campus housing.
Contact us here: